Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

By far this is the strangest Christmas and New Year we have ever experienced (granted the New Year isn't here yet, but we already know it will be strange).   Lets start off with Joe and I making it back to Perth on Christmas.  Originally we were supposed to be out at work, because I had to monitor some spiders we translocated.  I know, sounds bizarre, it is.  I had to take photos of 12 spiders from Dec 15-26.  However, I convinced someone it was fun and they should do it for me since they had to be at work all last week anyway.  So, Joe and I made it back to the city in time for Christmas day mass.  After mass we headed over to our friend Alina and Alex's for a BBQ /pool party. It was quite fun, but very untraditional for us.  I like the fact that Christmas isn't as commercialized here, but there aren't very many houses with lights and its really hot here.  

Today, the 30th it is 102 degrees and it is almost 6 pm.  It will be hotter when we return to work tomorrow, not to mention the flies, ugh!  I guess I shouldn't complain, most of you are bundled up trying to keep warm.  Its a gamble really.  New Years Eve /Day will be spent at work.  Not really worried about it, mainly because I have never really celebrated it that much.  I am sure we will be in bed by 9 as we get up early.

Hope you are all doing well, and had a great Christmas.  We missed you all this year :(

No comments: