Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's been decided, Christmas in the bush.

I cannot say we are all together excited to be spending Christmas out in the bush, but somehow it is happening.  I have been volunteered to stay 'till the 26th.  You might ask why, believe me when I say it wasn't really my choice.  We have these spiders (declared rare fauna) and in order to get approvals to clear some land we have to show that we can translocate these spiders.  So, this week (mon-thurs) the translocation is taking place.  The deal with our gov't body is that we closely monitor these spiders for the next 2 weeks, taking photos every day.  So, we are staying at work over Christmas so I can photograph spiders.  Exciting.  The supervisor is on holiday, and they didn't want to put the new grad. on for Christmas so instead they put the foreigner on.  Whoot!  How exciting.  I guess the major thing was not being able to go to a Christmas mass, but there happens to be one in Southern Cross, so we lucked out.

Besides the spiders, its just been working on reports.  Joe is working on the life of mine plans.  We were in Perth this last week, nice to get a break.  We didn't do a whole lot as it was in the high 90's, 100 one day and quite humid.  We had our first swim in the Indian Ocean.  It was a bit salty, not a fan.   Joe has been golfing a bit, I might go one of these days.  We are slowly learning how to play the guitar otherwise, not much happening.

Hope you are all doing well.  Hope you have a great Christmas.  

1 comment:

Amy said...

Sweet, you can teach me how to play guitar when I come to visit next year, that is if both of my siblings weddings don't cause me to go broke!! I hope that you have a great holiday out in the bush!!