Thursday, November 27, 2008

So much for that relaxation we last mentioned.

If you have been trying to get in touch with us and we are not returning your phone calls or emails or facebook messages, there really is a legit reason, we have been in the field for 21 days straight.  Yikes!  It was ridiculous, let me tell you.  Ten hour days for 21 days straight,  yeah, very fun, even exciting at some points.... well maybe not.   There is not really anything too entertaining about that whole stint at work, so I won't really bore you with details.  Main thing is we are back in Perth for a few days.  

Its Thanksgiving today - So, Happy Thanksgiving.  We are oh so thankful for all the support from family and friends at home.  We still haven't found turkey, so we are going out to dinner instead.  We are going out with our friends Alina and Alex, both geologists with Portman.  They are the people we had the proper English roast with.  

As for anything else new, no not really.  I am beginning the Christmas cards, but I am sorry to say that you can't expect the best out of me this year, small blurbs of writing with a nice letter that is typed.  No biggie!

I hope you are all doing well.  Take care, until next time...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving a little late. Did you ever get Turkey for dinner? We had a real nice day, Matt and Mike were home and they did get to see some of their cousins they haven't seen in a long time. Everyone that comes in the house comments on your pepper plant. It is doing real well. I just tell people that I am plant sitting for you while you are gone. I think I am going to put some little white christmas lights on it. Well Jeff and I are going to take a walk down town...it's Black Friday and it should be interesting. Well better go for now take care and we miss you.

Auntie Joyce

Amy said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! Hope that you are enjoying the summer down under!

21 days in the bush thats a long time!!! Enjoy your time off