Friday, January 9, 2009

Flies x 500,000

If you haven't heard me complain about the flies then you haven't ever heard me complain.  Fly =  true insect of the order Diptera, contains an estimated 240,000 species (all of which I think we have here).  Or so it seems.  Perth is about normal with home as far as flies go, Kooly has enough to keep you swatting with an intermission here and there and then there is Windy...I think our muscles are bigger due to fly swatting.  Is that possible? It certainly becomes the Australian Salute.  I have never seen anything like it, even Joe said they were worse than the mid. east.  That folks means it is bad.  Between the 110 degree temps and the flies I think I will stay inside and be happy about having to write reports.  

New Years was spent on site this year.  I have to say, the most exciting new years I have ever had... in bed by 8:30.  We didn't even get to see Sydney celebrate.  Ah well, there is always next year.  

Did I tell you about the flies?  No... well yeah they are awful.

Spider monitoring is going okay, out of the 12 we translocated, 5 are living.  That is always promising.  I think they like their photo sessions with me every day.   

Joe and I have been playing golf... no not at work are you kidding, with the flies.  More so when we are home, if you play a twilight round its like 8 dollars.  I am not so great, but Joe is giving a lot of pointers.  As for this break not sure what it holds in store for us.  We shall see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Golf......don't even mention it. We are under enough snow that it makes me sick, and to top it off we are suppose to be having the coldest week ever.........hmmmmmmmmm I guess golf sounds real good right now. Elaine and Joe enjoy it, could b ea whole lot worse. oh....we are getting muscles from shoveling.

Love
Auntie Joyce