So, I'd like to say we are pretty ambitious, but really only Joe can take the cake on that claim. He has had quite the gruelling week. Last week he was in two races, the first one was a half marathon, in hopes of preparing for his 24 hour adventure race. I was quite proud of him for completing both. He was able to do the half marathon in 93 min. I was at work when he ran that race, but he did pretty well, considering there wasn't much training involved. Then this past Saturday / Sunday he was in a race down south in the Blackwood region (I was in Pemberton, with some friends). He had to be at the race site at 8am Saturday morning with the other 3 people on his team (the race kicked off at noon). They along with 19 other teams received their race packets and had to plan the routes to the checkpoints. They had to paddle, run and mountain bike. Myself and 3 other people from work met him and his team at the finish line the following day at noon. They made it in near the 24 hour mark, they looked quite exhausted. I was exhausted sitting there I can't imagine actually doing the race. The people from work were pretty proud of him as well.
Anyway, hope all of you are well and had a great Labor Day weekend.
1 comment:
Joe is hard core!!
Post a Comment