In May we moved to Darlington, in the hills East of Perth. We are situated on a 5 acre block, about a half a mile from the Darlington Winery. It is so nice to be out of West Perth. We went from a place that was small and loud to a home that is in the country and the roos vacate the lawn. In fact we don't even have to mow the lawn because they do such a wonderful job maintaining it. In fact this morning one of them was going absolutely insane, bouncing all over the place in circles, it was hilarious.
In July a friend of mine from Colorado visited. Ruth teaches Chemistry at Cheyenne Mt where I taught for two years. It was so nice to see someone from the states. She spent about a week over here.
Joe has been training for a half marathon and an adventure race (24 hour race) where you mt. bike, run, kayak and complete about 90 km in a 24 hour period. He tried to convince me, (he must have been drinking when he asked me, because really, am I crazy enough to do that?). Instead, I am going to spend the time at a resort near there, I will go for a portion of the race and relax for the rest. After all I did just spend 23 days at work, that is enough to qualify me for the loony bin.
We haven't planned any travels for the month of September, we will wait until the races are done before we look at heading anywhere.
We hope you are all well.
No comments:
Post a Comment