16 years ago
Thursday, October 9, 2008
A visit to the surgeons office
What comes to mind when I think a visit to the surgeon is going under the knife for some type of surgery, oh not the case here. So, Monday morning I woke up with a slight itch, thinking nothing of it as the day progressed it got worse. I managed to go to sleep and awake to my entire left side red and super itchy. This seems to be a re-occurring theme in Australia for me, but putting this aside I was like crap, I have hives again. The first time I ever got hives I was in college pulling an all nighter studying and drank 2 cans of mountain dew and broke out in hives soon after to find myself itching all through the blessed statistics exam. The second time was due to an allergic reaction to penicillin (something I took all the time as a kid). And now, I haven't a clue what it is from. All of a sudden there I was sitting and itching away at myself like I had fleas or something. I decided, well I will call mom, but mom wasn't there, so I called Dr. Lis, and well first thing she says "oh do you have scabies?" Seriously, I am in a foreign country with all sorts of creepy crawly things and she asks if it is scabies. Then I decided from that alone I needed to see a doctor (because my thought was just hives, I don't know what scabies look like). In all the panic I made an appt. went to the doc for them to tell me "you don't have scabies, what ever gave you that idea". I was sent home with some mystery creme which didn't help. Today, I woke up and it was migrating, so I thought I was contagious. I decided to visit the Southern Cross physician. In all it was a good experience, but interesting. We arrived about ten min. early to a surgeon office (which was like a converted house) to find the doctor got called out to the hospital (equivalent to the size of the Escanaba Airport Terminal) and we could go for a walk or sit and wait. We sat and waited. He came back and managed to deal with me. He sent me then to the hospital where I got a steroid shot in the ass and I am doing much better. The hospital was quite busy, they told me I couldn't have picked a busier time to come... the thing is, there was only one patient and me. Lots of "all-rounders" here. On our way out of town I will take some photos of the surgeons office and the hospital, it makes St. Francis look like a billion dollar facility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Glad that you are OK! The hospital sounds a little scary, don't get REALLY hurt or sick while you are there! :-)
WOW! I got itchy just reading your story. Did the surgeon finally take care of the itch for you??? Hey I am still waiting for an answer to my question...Is an " English Roast" a meal or just getting together for tea and crumpets???? Hope all is well....I take it Joe was spared from the itch????
Love ya
Auntie Joyce
Post a Comment