Joe and I are back at work from our short visit to the states. Both of us are quite jet lagged, but managing.
We left for home on September 3rd and arrived 32 hours later on September 3rd (yes, for those that think I cannot figure out there are 24hrs in a day, I do know what I just typed). A small thing called the International Dateline helped us gain some hours, however our sleep pattern was still askew. Our flight from Perth left at midnight and arrived in Sydney the next morning, which forced us to stay up late and ready to sleep the 14 hour flight to LA stay up the next day and arrive in Escanaba at 9 pm the 3rd of sept. We were able to catch up a little at my folks to be on the road on the 5th to visit Joe's family who is currently building in Republic. They are working hard at getting their house completed before the snow hits. We spent Friday and Saturday visiting with his family. His grandparents 86 and 88 drove all the way from Lansing to see us and the new house, it was so good to visit with them and for them to make the trek that far.
We had the rest of the week ahead of us, can't remember what we all did, I know there were dentist appts. and such but it flew by and then we flew to Seattle for our friends wedding. It was a nice, but short visit of a Fri, Sat and back on Sunday. I came back to MI and Joe went to Arizona to see some friends. I wanted to get to see my sister, mom and I drove there monday and came back wednesday. Saturday we flew out to come home. That was the 20th we arrived home on the 22nd not really sure where the 21st went never really saw it. We arrived at our apt at 1 in the afternoon decided to take a 1 hr nap and awoke at 7 pm took a sleeping pill (just incase) and well too good to be true still woke up at 3 am. There is something about jet lag from here to the states that makes you wake up at 3 am.
We had Tuesday to get our acts together and then we boarded our 14th plane in 10 days to come out to work. I was trying to get Joe to drive out here or take the train, but he wouldn't budge on it, so we flew out here.
Not much has changed here since we left, still a whole lot of BS, there are still ants in my bed up north and there has been no further advances in my contaminated site, which occured at the beginning of July. I am quite satisfied with the crumpets, as I did miss those while I was away.
Hope all is well and I will add mores soon.
16 years ago
1 comment:
Elaine and Joe
So glad to hear that the trip was a success. It seems like the time you were here was too short. I wish you could be here for Grandpa's 80th birthday. We are planning to go to camp on the 18th of October. It will be nice, since all of us siblings will be here. We will have to take some pictures to send you....well got to go get ready for another day of work. Will get back later. Take Care and Love ya.
Your favorite aunt,
Joyce
Post a Comment