Thursday, June 19, 2008

Its flu season...

So, I made it through our winter entirely fine, no colds this year. I believe that was due to me not doing a damn thing all winter, but just a hunch. Usually I would have had a cold in the succession in which my students did, one two weeks after Christmas, one two weeks after spring break etc. Well, I have a cold. I really thought I could weasle out of it, but not the case. Joe I am sure will have it soon, seeing that we live in such close quarters and the world pretty much ends when I get a cold.

During our time off, it was sunny a whole day out of the five days off. We headed up north to a place called Nambung National Park. On all these post cards we see these Pinnacle Rocks, and well its like driving through Badlands National Park in the states only smaller. You see the first few rocks and take a few photos and wonder when it is going to end. It was pretty neat, but I found the windfarm much more interesting.

This month we also went to Serpenting National Park, by accident, and we plan to go back, just whenever it stops raining. We only saw a small portion of the park, pretty much what you see in the pictures.

The time off before last we headed south to Mandurah, Rockingham and Bundbury. I would have to say the beach in Rockingham was our favorite. Apparently there is a place to see dolphins there and feed them, totally missed that. It was nice to be on the beach for the day though.

Well, we are back in camp for a whole swing, hopefully our vonage will work as we finally got the essential modem we have been waiting for. Should be easier to keep in touch.

Hope all is well.
Cheers!

No comments: