Saturday, March 29, 2008

Colorado Springs, Chicago and Valparaiso

Recently Joe and I made the trip out to Colorado Springs to visit some friends once more before we leave. "What did you just ask me when do we leave?" Well, hmm... we don't know that particular detail. It seems to be a popular question, I just don't happen to have the answer for it. So, we will keep you in suspense for as long as we remain in suspense. We did have a great visit to Colorado, interesting weather, but great to see friends.

Chicago...
Just before easter we found out that our visas were nearing their completion and to schedule chest x-rays, because Australia wants to make sure we are not carrying anything over there. How does this fall under the category Chicago? You see, nothing is simple. We could only go to a "certified" doctor. Apparently any old Doc wouldn't do. Our options were Minneapolis, Windsor, Chicago... basically the big cities. I don't know but Marquette is pretty populated. We flew down to Chicago on the 27th to find our doctor not even in a medical building, but this shabby old brick building in the middle of the Polish markets of Chicago. We met the receptionist and were directed to a totally different building about 10 blocks away. We bring our x-ray order to another random building, that mind you reads DDS (dental) on the door. We walk down a long empty hallway to find the room that looks like it would be the one that matches the doctors orders. We walk in to this closet like room where a large machine that looks like it is from 1965 sitting in the hallway. Did I tell you the place was pretty much deserted? Yeah, well it was and really sketchy. All of a sudden this guy emerges from the back and was like "Ahh... you are the ones going to Australia" of course we were like yes and he had Joe do his x-ray first, I guess he is supposed to be easier. So, he finishes in record time and then it is my turn. Yup, I just had an x-ray in July for this awful cough so I had it down to a "T" I wore the right bra so there was no metal. Nobody said plastic was a problem. I sat infront of the beam and took the radiation like a champ. Ha, I was wrong, I failed and had to re-do the whole thing cause I was stubborn. So, there I stood for my second hit of radiation.  I am now glowing.  Seems to me last time I had the x-ray they placed a lead vest over the rest of my body. This wasn't the case, I do not recommend getting your x-ray at this place, all we can say is that it was an interesting experience. Oh and one more thing, they said I have perfect lungs. Joe's are a little damaged, idiot decided to get a pnemonia in college, what was he thinking?

Florida...
I am heading to Valpariso, FL next week to deliver the cat to a friend. What a dear friend to watch my cat for the next two years. We are so lucky. I will be there the 3rd-8th, because the cat needs to adjust, not because I want to be in sunny and warm weather that just wouldn't be fair to Joe. So this is the "cat delivery" trip. Not to say I won't go to the beach or rollerblading, it might happen.

Hopefully we will have a date after the x-rays make it to Sydney for approval. After that expereince I just hope they make it out of the office.

No comments: